Do I still want anonymity?
I started this blog 1 year ago here because I wanted to be anonymous. Because I thought Blogger is now a dead platform and not a lot of people use it now.
But do I still want it? I created an account on Substack hoping to find a way to notify my 3 readers. But the more I think about it, the more I feel that I am only making excuses to myself. The real reason is that somewhere somehow I want more people to know me, and help me refine my ideas.
Afterall, who does not like fame?
I think with the rise of AI, one common thing is that everyone has become a writter and I have started to see so many blogs! Even the most nonchalant poeple I know have started their own. Just Correlation or Causation?
And, I have begun to wonder if me being famous would be more important than the kind of skills I prosess? Do skills I need to code without AI still matter? AI is genuinely good, and I can do so much stuff in so little time. Just last week, I shipped 25 major 1000 lines+ PRs all done using Claude Code!
I mean, I know and I understand that not everyone can do good things with AI, garbage in garbage out, you still need your basics blah blah blah... but understand this; The learning curve that used to be there earlier has reduced significantly, but the direct sufferers are the poor new grads who have to meet the newly created bar of expectations and become an all in one package.
So just imagine the bar everyone has for me now! Or atleast, the expectations that I have from myself. Do I need to mark my presense in social media and gain a bunch of followers?
Recently, I have started to work on a couple of side products for fun (Dhaga and Prodingy). The people I showed it to really believe in it and they say that it has immense potential and I should take it up seriously.
Think of Dhaga (Hindi word for Thread), as intelligence in your network of people you know. Personal and Professional and Prodingy as a platform where Indian startups can get more visibility and find potential customers, partners and VCs.
But to do that is very difficult, because how many hats can a person wear? I am leading AI at Joget with a very lean team of 2 members only now, which means that a significant amount of my time right away goes into that.
I even tried to watch a couple of videos on YouTube where these influencers tell how you can manage your time better and disciplined. Just wondering out loud, have those suggestions really worked out for an individual out there? I mean I get that you eat, pray, work, exercise and upskill; Where is the time you give to your family, friends, and other stuff? Am I watching the wrong videos? XD
While making a lot of excuses like this to myself, I came accross this post from a16z account on Instagram, where they said:
The builder who can pitch
The story teller who can code
The inventor who can sell
The operator who can lead
None of them win by staying in one lane.
That's what makes them hard to copy.
The most impactful people are the ones who master multiple disciplines.
And this, has validated something or rather articulated something that I have been feeling for months now!
Before I came across this post, whenever I was asked about my weakness, I would always say sales. That, I can build anything, but I cannot sell it.
Well not anymore! I want to be the person which others try and fail to copy.
How can I do that? I do not know yet. My head is full of ideas. Ideas for blogs, content creation, branding, advestisement, all sorts of things which requires me to be out in the public showing my face to a million people! (manifesting? :))
The next 2 weeks are going to be crucial. I have to get a lot of things straight in my head.
If given a chance, would you like to be famous?
For me, I think I want exclusivity more than fame. To make an impact and to become someone no one can copy. Or maybe I too want fame.
See you next time when I am motivated again.
Anchit
Comments
Post a Comment